Proper Eye Care During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Author: Shannon Chan
We, at Bellevue Eye Specialists, know that these are tough times with the COVID-19 pandemic. We hope that you and your loved ones are healthy, safe, and happy in these hard times. Here are some recommendations on proper eye care.
General Eye Care Recommendations
- Avoid touching and rubbing your eyes at this time.
- Try to stock up in eye medication and eye drops.
- Maintain proper social distancing such as standing at least 6 feet apart from others.
- If you have any sudden changes in your vision please schedule to see an eye doctor as soon as possible.
Contact Lens Wearers
According to the AAO, contact lens at this time can put you at higher risk for catching COVID-19. Contact lens wearers were found to touch their eyes more often than glasses wearers in many research studies.
Wearing Masks & Glasses
Wearing a mask and a pair of glasses at the same time can be challenging due to the glasses fogging.
- To minimize fogging, make sure glasses are properly positioned on your face and on your nose. Try to rest your glasses on top of your mask to tightly seal the mask.
- Make sure your glasses are dry prior to wearing them to reduce fogging the lens.
- Ensure your mask is properly sealed to avoid droplet transmission and minimize fogging.
- Anti-fog solution is available for sale at our store and other retailers.
If you need any glasses adjustments, we are more than willing to help you adjust your glasses properly. Call us today to schedule an appointment!